Tutorial : HOW TO MAKE ICED COFFEE - Very easy

 

HOW TO MAKE ICED COFFEE


You’ve come to the right place.  I’m going to show you How to Make Iced Coffee. Watch the video showing you How to Make Iced Coffee, then scroll to the bottom of this post so you can print out the recipe and make it at home.  You might also be interested in a more authentic way of making Iced Coffee:  How to Make Cold Brew Coffee. Be sure to check out that post because that recipe makes really great iced coffee too!

I’m not much of a coffee drinker. No sirree. No caffeine needed. My body is hard-wired to have an abundance of natural energy from the moment I wake up. I guess I’m lucky that way. I do love the flavor of coffee though… coffee candies and coffee ice cream and even those foo foo frozen coffee drinks that contain your total allotted calorie consumption in just a dozen sips.

That’s why on one rather sweltering afternoon recently, I grabbed my husband’s mug o’ coffee that had been sitting untouched on the counter all day long, and I made myself a rather delicious version of Iced Coffee.

HOW DO YOU MAKE ICED COFFEE?
You’ll need a tall glass and a spoon long enough to reach the bottom of that glass.

Fill that glass full to the rim with ice. If you really want to get serious about your iced coffee, you can make ice cubes out of coffee too. Then you won’t get that “watered-down” effect.  And if you’re into that flavored sort of coffee then go for it.

Pour room temperature (or chilled) coffee into the glass.

Fill it almost to the top.

Tutorial : HOW TO MAKE ICED COFFEE - Very easy

Pour in the white stuff. Here’s where you get to make a big decision. Do you want to go all out and make this a decadent treat? If so, then add cream or half & half. If you want to go a little lighter, use whole milk or fat-free half & half. And lighter still, use nonfat milk.
Take a moment to watch the swirls sink to the bottom and mix in with the coffee. It’s a magical moment. 🙂
Tutorial : HOW TO MAKE ICED COFFEE - Very easy

Add a couple spoonfuls of sugar (if you like sweet)… or whatever sort of sweetener you usually add to your coffee.  In the recipe notes below, I share how to make sugary simple syrup in case you prefer to use that instead of granulated white sugar.
Add a purple straw. If you’re a straw person, that is. And drink up!




Commentaires